Connecting IPTV to a computer using VLC
If your computer is running an OS (operating system) other than Windows (Linux, * BSD or MacOS) or you don’t like IPTV player, another option is available to connect IPTV with a VLC player.
Download and install the latest version of the VLC player If VLC is already installed, then try to update it, the newer versions have fixed a lot of bugs.
For high-quality IPTV, you need to configure VLC:
- Launch VLC and open settings (Tools → Settings or Ctrl + P)
- Open the "Video" tab
- Set the parameter Deinterlacing (Deinterlacing or Interlacing) to “On”.
- Set the Mode parameter to “interpolate” (“Linear”).
- In the lower left corner of the settings window, switch the “show settings” parameter to “all”
- Open the menu item Playlist - Services discovery.
- Check the box next to “Network streams (SAP)”.
- Click the Save button to apply the changes.
Open the playlist (Ctrl + L) and in the Local Network tab, find "Network streams (SAP)". In 5-15 seconds a list of available channels will appear.
Some channels may have more than one audio track (in different languages and / or empty). You can switch tracks in by going to Audio - Audio Track.